Hope of Israel Ministries (Ecclesia of YEHOVAH):
A Worldwide Church of God Member Asks --
ARE YOU A "BEREAN"?
"CRY ALOUD, SPARE NOT, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins!" If you have proven "sound doctrine" from YEHOVAH's Word once, you can do so again. Are the doctrinal changes of the Worldwide Church of God evidence that the Armstrongs were wrong, or is it possible that SATAN has scored his ultimate "coup" by TAKING OVER THE CHURCH FROM INSIDE? Will you do as the Bereans did (Acts 17:11), and PROVE ALL THINGS?
In 1517 Martin Luther nailed his "95 Theses" to the door of the Wittenburg Church launching the Reformation of the Middle Ages. Daniel prophesied in the end time, "knowledge would be increased" (Dan. 12:4). Are the rapidly changing doctrines of the Worldwide Church of God evidence of that increased knowledge, or does it herald the prophesied "Great Apostasy" (Greek, Apostasia, meaning "defection from the truth, to forsake, revolt," see Strong's Concordance)? My Amplified Bible has an interesting footnote, "May mean departure of the Church." Compare that with Luke 6:22 and III John 10 and ask yourself: Could that mean the Church as a whole will depart from the truth and "cast out" -- excommunicate -- those who hold to the truth of YEHOVAH God? Are you swallowing the changes without question, giving in to "mind control" by fallible men because you fear (II Tim. 1:7) to ask the right questions?
IF YOUR FAITH IS IN THE MESSIAH, will you do as the Bereans did (Acts 17:11), and PROVE ALL THINGS? (I Thess. 5:21.)
Questions to Ask Your Minister, If You Dare:
1) Would you as a professed minister of Yeshua the Messiah teach contrary to your personal convictions and understanding of Scripture to "protect your salary" by going along with Headquarters changes, pleading "following orders" as war criminals did?
2) Have you done Mr. Armstrong's "hat pin test" lately to check Mr. Tkach's statement that "born again refers to conversion" yet he claims he has not changed the doctrine?
3) Would you be shocked to learn that the Trinity doctrine is now being favorably considered?
4) Was Mr. Tkach allowing construction at Big Sandy on the Sabbath something Peter or Paul would have done (citing an ox in the ditch)? Consider Daniel 7:25.
5) Would Elijah have allowed Buddhists (priests of Baal) to speak at one of YEHOVAH's Feast sites as happened at Pasadena?
6) Have you read the "watered down" Christmas booklet and would it surprise you to learn that Christmas trees were tolerated on the Big Sandy campus last season?
7) Are changes in doctrine truly "new understanding inspired by YEHOVAH's Spirit" -- or politically motivated to gain the favor of the world? (James 4:4).
8) What did official Church spokesman Michael Snyder mean in his recent press conference by stating, "Every doctrine of the Church is on the table"? What can we expect next?
9) Is the recent change in tithing policy merely a "survival tactic" to keep us "paying and praying" because the Church hierarchy does not have the faith to "trust YEHOVAH God to provide"?
10) Is this why "Church authority" is used to "twist Scriptures" and scare people into paying tithes according to HQ dictates for fear of robbing YEHOVAH God when in fact that very extortion from the poor and needy is used by Church executives for personal pleasure and satisfaction in this life, as has been well documented?
11) Were the 250 or more ministers who left the Church since the early 1970s all "evil men," or were they forced out because their conscience would not allow them to compromise with the teachings of YEHOVAH's Word or continue the cover-up of the moral and spiritual corruption of the HQ hierarchy?
12) Do you believe anyone or everyone who has left the Worldwide Church of God or been disfellowshiped will, unless they are accepted back before the Messiah returns, either end up in the Lake of Fire, or at least not qualify for the first resurrection?
13) If you concede that there COULD BE true and sincere Christians in other groups, is it showing Christian love to disfellowship and shun those who may have a disagreement with a point of doctrine, particularly when they are being changed?
14) Should someone be disfellowshiped only for known and unrepented sin?
15) Is a heretic someone who teaches contrary to YEHOVAH's Word, REGARDLESS of their position or standing within a Church hierarchy, rather than a believer who questions changes or doctrines of that hierarchy of men? (Acts 5:29).
16) Is it heretical or sowing discord to point out to a fellow believer spiritual truth directly from YEHOVAH's Word, even if it contradicts the position of Church leaders who are changing doctrines surreptitiously? (II Cor.11:4).
17) In the past we have condemned the Catholic Church regarding the Pope's claimed infallibility, teaching lay members to go to the priest for Biblical interpretation, instead of studying the Bible themselves. Do not the WWCG by actual practice assume the same stance of the "Apostle" being infallible?
18) Can any man, even one claiming to be an apostle, truly come between the believer and the Messiah and cut them off from the vine because they question the Scriptural basis of a changed doctrine?
19) Can harmony truly be enforced by filtering every thought, question, what you read, who you talk to or fellowship with, through the local ministers -- or is that just an attempt at "damage control" to keep members ignorant of what is really going on in the Church, as cutbacks in income accelerate?
20) Is it not YEHOVAH God's spirit within us that witnesses between truth and error? (I John 4:6, and all of chapter 5).
"LET GOD BE TRUE BUT EVERY MAN A LIAR" (Rom. 3:4). Are you willing to "seek the truth" -- or will you allow men to control your thinking, reading, and who you fellowship with in the guise of maintaining "unity"?
"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Phil. 1:12).
"Make your calling and election sure" (I Peter 1:10).
"CONTEND EARNESTLY FOR THE FAITH ONCE DELIVERED" (Jude 3).
Additional Interesting Questions to Ponder
21) Given the recent Mideast War and the fighting in Iraq, what kind of message would HWA be giving on the World Tomorrow if he were still alive?
22) What does Amos 3:7 mean in light of Joseph Tkach's abdication of any real responsibility to teach prophecy, the one third of the Bible dedicated almost exclusively to the end times and the return of YEHOVAH God and His Messiah?
23) How does the present 180 degree change in the doctrine of healing differ from the Protestant concept of YEHOVAH God healing today through medical means?
24) If we are training to teach the people in the Millennium "how to live," WHY has the Church today failed to teach its membership how to live in harmony with the physical laws of YEHOVAH God to avoid the degenerative diseases YEHOVAH said this world would be cursed with (Deut. 28), but instead denying there is such a thing as "physical sin" on a technicality?
Whatever Happened to Isaiah 58:1-2?
"CRY ALOUD, SPARE NOT, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins!"
Are we now being preached "smooth things"?
"... this is a rebellious people, lying children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us SMOOTH THINGS, prophesy DECEITS" (Isaiah 30:9-10).
Have we who are to "overcome the world" instead been overcome by the world?
"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good" (Rom. 12:21).
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world" (I John 4:4).
"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought into bondage.
"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning" (II Pet. 2:19-20).
Are You Afraid of the Truth?
"The truth shall make you free" (John 8:32). "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4; Luke 4:4).
If you have proven "sound doctrine" from YEHOVAH's Word once, you can do so again. Are the doctrinal changes of Joe Tkach evidence, as per the revised booklets adopting "Protestant theology," proof that the Armstrongs were wrong, or is it possible that SATAN has scored his ultimate "coup" by TAKING OVER THE CHURCH FROM INSIDE?
Herbert Armstrong did a tremendous amount of good, as even his worst critics admit. The question now, with "sound doctrines" being changed wholesale with minimal explanation or even denial, is, WHERE IS YEHOVAH GOD WORKING? The Bible is quite clear that apostasy would become rife in the end time, deceptions that could deceive even the very elect were prophesied! (Matt. 24:24; II John 7; II Pet. 2:13).
If you have the slightest doubts about the changes in doctrine in the Worldwide Church of God, then I have GOOD NEWS for you. Although many former ministers of the church have started and incorporated their own "churches," seeking a following, in the midst of this Babylon of CONFUSION, I have found ONE VOICE OF REASON who has without fear or favor upheld sound doctrine and exposed error with impeccable Biblical scholarship. This one voice of reason and truth is John D. Keyser, who, like the apostle Paul, supports himself with a full-time job. The mission of his BEREAN VOICE is truth, not money. Since the apostates now in control of organized churches will not respond to doctrinal truth, and dismiss the truth without a fair hearing or just cause, then it behooves YOU -- for your own salvation and eternal life! -- to check up and PROVE John D. Keyser's teachings FROM THE BIBLE! LET YEHOVAH'S WORD BE THE JUDGE! I know. I have proved that he faithfully upholds the doctrines of Herbert Armstrong that can be proven true from Scripture.
YOU NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH. I urge you to read the articles on the website and take the Hope of Israel Bible Correspondence Course. They will amaze you with their insight into current world events.
Hope of Israel Ministries -- Courage for the Sake of Truth is Better Than Silence for the Sake of Unity!
Hope of Israel Ministries
|Scan with your